1st Street in Sanford shut down over shooting investigation

Shooting happened near Hollerbach’s German Restaurant

Scene along 1st Street in Sanford on Thursday evening (Copyright 2023 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.)

SANFORD, Fla. – Sanford police shut down 1st Street in Sanford on Thursday evening after a shooting took place in the area.

Police told News 6 they were investigating the shooting, though no foul play is suspected at this time.

Recommended Videos



[TRENDING: Become a News 6 Insider]

News 6 reporter Molly Reed said that the street had been shut down near Hollerbach’s German Restaurant in Sanford’s historic district.

Get today’s headlines in minutes with Your Florida Daily: